A module package is simply a collection of one or more Modules.
The basic principle is that there's a
main.json at the Module Package root and then each Module and it's assets exists in their own sub-folder.
When you load a Module Package into Somiibo, it looks at the
main.json to know about which Modules are in the package.
Module Package File Structure
- module.js - Logic that controls the module itself
- settings.html - User interface for the module's settings
- settings.js - Logic that controls any custom settings.html behavior
- settings.json - Defaults, min, max, and more for the module's settings
- ... - Additional individual module folders exist on this level (same contents as my-module-1)
- main.json - Defines data about the package as a whole and each individual module
Want to see a full example?You can download a fully working Module Package from our examples repo on GitHub.
In this example, we have defined one module in
name = module-1.